Saturday 21 June 2014

Single Review - "Bolo", Deafh

Hello!

Before I jump into this quite special review, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has viewed my blog since its started! The reason is because it now has over 1,000 views! That number still blows my mind, thank you again!

Now onto the review...this single was actually sent to me by the artist/company themselves, the first one! I was really chuffed when I saw the email, but I still needed to listen to the song. 

Needless to say I was really enjoying what I was listening to. Deafh is an R&B artist who is no stranger or amateur to the business for that matter. He has worked with the likes of S1 (Eminem, Kanye West and Adam Levine) and multi-platinum selling producer DJ Speedy (Jay-Z, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj) to name but a few! 

Usually this type of genre isn't my style or something I go out of my way to listen to, but this song caught my attention. The sound being produced was something original to what I have normally heard from this genre. Deafh has a harmonic flow in his rapping which is refreshing to hear. It reminds me of the old school R&B from the late 90's to early naughties with a 2014 twist on it. 

Its a really well produced song, elements constantly being added to keep it fresh and non-repetitive and Deafh has a great voice. Some of the overlapping on the lyrics can seem a bit too busy at times, but I see that this as a way to keep the song entertaining. 

Although be warned for the sudden ending to the track, it was one of those moment where you think "Oh!? Is it over!?". It was a bit of a strange ending to such a enlightening song to the R&B business, but this shouldn't put you off.  

All in all, for a track that was sent to me, its a pretty decent tune. Like I said earlier, usually this type of music isn't my taste, but this song has a refreshing outlook to R&B. I'm looking forward to following Deafh to see what he comes up with next. 

If you have a song you want me to review, then click the 'contact me' link at the top of the page and email me! I'll give it a listen and let you know! Once again thank you for getting me over 1,000 views for this blog, incredible!

Until next time and thanks for reading!

Lewis


             https://twitter.com/Geodee__

No comments:

Post a Comment