Friday 2 January 2015

The Noisetrade 'Best Of What's Next' 2015 Playlist


Hello and welcome to the first review of 2015! What a great year 2014 was for the blog and I'm hoping you'll all join me on the journey for 2015. I've got big plans lined up that should be announced in the next few weeks! So stick around for those, but onto today's review. 

I have been a major fan of a website called Noisetrade for a long time now. The website is designed to allow up and coming artists to post their material for peoples enjoyment. You can find an artist from any genre and download their music completely free with the option of giving that artist a tip. Great idea eh?

I think this is a fantastic way for artists to start going through the ranks and getting new fans by giving their music away for free. I have found many artists through this website such as Harbours and The Dirty Guv'nahs who are both incredible all thanks to this website. I hope you guys will check the website and the playlist they have made after reading this, the link will be at the bottom of this review.

Noisetrade have released a new playlist for everyone to hear that they feel are the artists to look out for in 2015. They're not wrong, I've listened to this playlist a few times now and I am very impressed with the range and styles that are on offer in this playlist. Going from rock/alternative from a band called My Goodness, to some lovely banjo work from Joshua Hyslop and the electronic beats and bass from White Arrows.

All 27 songs are just a small handful of what's on offer on the website. There are a few stand outs to myself personally, but its all down to personal preference. These are the tracks I would recommend you check out on this playlist. 


Young Buffalo - My Place
Joshua Hyslop - Living & Dying
My Goodness - Sweet Tooth
The Bones Of JR Jones - I'm Your Broken Dog
Two Gallants - We Are Undone
The Delta Riggs - The Record's Flawed
Christian Lopez Band - Dancing On A Dream

Out of this list, I'm really enjoying the Young Buffalo track, its quite a unique sound and I'm really liking how the song is laid out. It flows very nicely from each section and just feels like well structured song throughout with great vocals. 

Another song is by The Bones Of JR Jones, its simplicity and easy going pace throughout makes for a quality song. The bonus of having harmonica just adds something that can't really be explained, just make you feel like you're home. 

All I can say about the song by Two Gallants is...just go check it out, you're welcome!

What are your favourite tracks from this playlist? Let me know in the comment section or tell me on Twitter! I hope you all had a great new years and here's to a successful 2015 for everyone!

Thank you very much for reading and until next time. 

Lewis 


Noisetrade playlist link - here 

Noisetrade link - here

No comments:

Post a Comment