Thursday 27 March 2014

No Sinner "Boo Hoo Hoo"

If anyone knows me personally I'm a big fan of blues music and this band have certainly delivered a fantastic hard rocking blues album with grit, style and grace.

I have only been introduced to this band for about a month now thanks to my good friend who knows everything and anything about blues music (I'm not kidding either!). He told me to listen to just the first track and see what I thought. I was blown away.

This 4 piece Canadian band have come together to produce an album that is one heck of a roller coaster. Colleen Rennison (vocals) has one of the best female voices I have heard for a long time. She puts a lot of passion into her vocals and boy does it shine through! She pushes the boundaries of her vocal range and strength. The track "Boo Hoo Hoo" is a great example as this track demonstrates all of her experience. This is the best quote to sum her up nicely. "She is a force of nature, a post modern soul belter and queen of rock".




The album takes you on a journey to show the world what 'No Sinner' is made of. There are a couple tracks that really love to pack a punch from the off such as "Devil on my Back"and "Runnin'". One track that stands out as one of the masterpieces along with "Boo Hoo Hoo" is called "Rise Up". The emotions that run through that song are just gorgeous. The guitar tones at the beginning of the song breaks up the hard rocking songs in-between the album. This is one of the strongest performances from Colleen on the album too. The soul, rock and blues all come out of her in one song. The lyrics in the chorus are "Lay down your burdens...and rise up", this to me sounds like a calling to the band to put everything into this song.



This band seem to know what they're doing with the arrangements of the songs to keep them interesting throughout and keeping their genre knitted tight to the album. You always hear one or two songs that don't really fit on an album which can be disappointing, but not this one I am glad to tell you. The guitar riffs and licks are one of the reasons this album flows really well. Without the guitar it definitely wouldn't pack the same punch the album does already."Work Song" is definitely one that is a great example.

So No Sinner love to make some fat tunes and leave it with you wanting more! I'm looking forward to following this band in the coming months and years to see how successful they can become, I have high hopes for these guys! I'll leave you lot a link below of my favourite song on the album "Boo Hoo Hoo" and let me know what you thought of the song/album! If you're not keen on spending money then the band have very kindly put a free 3 track EP on Noisetrade which I'll link below. 

Thanks for reading and until next time!

Lewis 





Noisetrade Link: https://noisetrade.com/nosinner

Website: http://nosinner.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NoSinner

Bandcamp: http://nosinner.bandcamp.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NoSinnermusic

No comments:

Post a Comment