Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Dirty Guv'nahs "All Of My Good Friends"

If you want a great album that gives you what you expect and want. One that has great guitar licks, a strong beat and songs that don't get boring then this is your album ladies and gentlemen. 

Hello!

So today I'm going to be reviewing an album from the website Noisetrade called "All Of My Good Friends" by a Tennessee band called The Dirty Guv'nahs. These guys are more than just an American rock band. 

So as I was browsing through Noisetrade I stumble across the name and think..."I've got to see what these guys are doing" and I don't think I've ever been more delighted and relieved in my life! When you scout around for new music there is always that element of doubt that is circling your mind when a band captivates you. The bands group photo (see below) looked awesome, it had me hooked and I loved the name. To my delight, this band are what everyone needs in their iPod.



Can anyone else agree with me that the photo above doesn't scream out an incredible band!?

Anyway, on with the review. 

So this album was put together purely for publicity as its based around fan favourites from the past with the latest single from their new album added too. "Hearts On Fire" came out 11th March and I will be reviewing this in the near future. The single called "Morning Light" is by far my favourite song on the album. It just screams out Americana Rock that has just been produced in such a clever manner. These guys were smart in putting their strongest song first in the album because as a regular user of Noisetrade, I usually tend to judge an artist by the first song and move on if I'm not feeling the song, so props to them! 

The other tracks are again well produced, well written and rehearsed and just a lot of fun to listen to. Its the first time that every single song on the record has kept me entertained throughout and I loved it! This is all thanks to the guys in the band who are all smart enough to come up with fantastic written parts and structures. Time and time again I come across a song that can either get repetitive or boring, but not here. 

I saw this quote from them on their latest album which I thought I would share with you all. Its very true to any artist who makes an album. 

"Tears were shed and relationships were stretched during the year of writing and recording it took to make Hearts on Fire, but if we’re honest we’ve been working on it for our entire life. Being in a band and writing songs isn’t just about trial and error with chords and melodies. It’s a place of exploration, for pouring your heart and soul into your work, into your bandmates, and into the honest places that hurt, tear, and break you. In the end, it’s the hard work in those honest places that refines us all and produces the most beautiful results."

This quote from the band just sums up the effort people put into music for your enjoyment. One song that can relate to all this is called " Blue Rose Stroll". To me it sums the band up in one song. You can hear all of the instruments clearly, the lyric that stands out to me is "you've gotta move your feet to make it out alive". Its very true, nothing comes to you without putting effort in and that's exactly what these guys have done. 

To finish this fantastic album off, they go back to their Tennessee routes to slow things down. "The Country" is a beautiful track to relax to and really feel like you're in the heart of Texas. 

These 8 amazing songs are on Noisetrade for your pleasure completely free which is a real treat! I was really glad I found this band, that's the beauty of discovering new music!

Thanks for reading and until next time!

Lewis :)


'Morning Light' Youtube link:





<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12099371/?claim=trhqgjbqb6u">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




No comments:

Post a Comment