Wednesday 16 July 2014

Single Review - 'Clocks Of Our Lives' , James Poole

Hello you wonderful lot!

Welcome to blog post 21. Today I'm going to let you all know about a fantastic singer/songwriter that goes by the name of James Poole. His single 'Clock Of Our Lives' has certainly caught my attention and I'm looking forward to share this with all of you. James contacted me and asked if I could review this song for the blog and of course I agreed.  



This song is a very beautiful and moving song, simplistic and emotional throughout. The simplicity of the song comes from it just being James singing and a pianist. His voice really shines through and you can really focus on each note he is hitting. James has an incredible voice and one that should be recognised more in the industry. If you really take in every note, he is a very emotional singer and this shows throughout the song.

James has used the track by Ludovico Einaudi called 'White Clouds' to then place lyrics over the top which is a smart move and works really well the the tone of James' voice. He is very attached to the song composed by Einaudi too. The piano drives the song beautifully, the changes between chords is just faultless.  At times the keys are used with such control that they're so lightly touched, you can only just about hear the notes being played...beautiful. 


When I first contacted James via his Twitter, I noticed he certainly had a fantastic following of fans! Its great for unknown artists to have that sort of following of fans because it keeps the artist going. If they know people are willing to stick around and support, then he will keep going to strive for success. 

The first thing I thought of when I heard the single was it sounds a lot like John Legend 'All Of Me". As I searched through his Youtube page and he has done a cover of this song! Fantastic cover too!

Check out James' single in the video and I'll link below and the original piano track James sung over. Thank you for all the support for the blog and I hope you all enjoyed this post on a beautiful song!

Thanks for reading and until next time! 

Lewis








No comments:

Post a Comment